Achieving our goals starts with a firm foundation, and we believe that our employees really do make the difference. Tidewater employs over 200 full-time personnel. Our staff encompasses a wide variety of areas in both the maritime and terminal business, including administrative, operations, maintenance, safety/environmental, finance, human resources, and vessel crews.
We are proud of our team of talented, dedicated and skilled employees. Many of our employees have over 20 years of employment experience within our company.
We at Tidewater recognize that the health and welfare of our employees is important and to help support our workforce we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, disability and other insurance benefits that allows our employees to choose the coverages best suited to their needs.
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, for employees and their dependents. Employees can choose between several plan types and choose the one that fits their family and lifestyle the best.
- Tidewater helps employees plan for their future by offering a 401(k) retirement savings program to supplement Social Security benefits and personal savings. Tidewater matches a percentage of employees' contributions (after one year of employment) to help grow their savings.
Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days
- All non-represented full-time employees accrue vacation and sick time according to number of hours worked.
- Nine paid holidays a year.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- The EAP is a confidential service designed to provide assistance with a variety of personal challenges, such as stress, alcohol or drug abuse, relationship and family issues, anxiety or depression. There is no cost to you for using the services of the EAP and your confidentiality and privacy are always protected.
- Full-time employees receive the option to elect disability insurance which provides partial replacement of lost salary during qualified periods of disability.
- Tidewater provides assistance to non-represented eligible employees wishing to pursue college level coursework to further their career with the company.